Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Holy Thursday 1993

I was weary. I gave up. I decided for you.
And then, I was changed,
enveloped by your presence.

It was as if the world fell away like stage flats
and it was dark and I could not see you.
I could only feel you, as if
I was warmly wrapped in black velvet.

The wall fell down and there is darkness.
I am enfolded. It is warm
and yet there is light in the darkness,
diffused and sparkling, - all around me.
I am within you and you are within me.
I realize that this is the center of my being.
It is where I live,
it is what I am.

Within the darkness
a diamond
burning orange
surrounds the blackness.

There is form where before there was none.
Enclosing but not limiting
There is freedom and boundary.
Together as we are -
the same, yet different.

Copyright © 1993

No comments:

Post a Comment